السبت، مايو 26، 2007

Favourite Western Music

I've been thinking for too long to write about my favourite western songs, but every time I start, I realise that there will be more beautiful hits to come in the future.

I'll write a little about my favourite bands or singers, and my top favourite songs for them, which you can download from somewhere in the net.

This list is made on May 2007.

Note that songs in BOLD are very special.



Josh Groban:

Josh's voice is simply incredible. Warmth! My friend Amr el-Nahrawy, aka Feras, wondered if Josh once sang in Arabic as he already did in four languages with beautiful meanings and accurately-selected lyrics.

My top favourites: You're the only place – Oceano (Italian) – Solo por ti (Spanish) – You're loved – To where you are – Let me fall – L'ultima notte (Italian) – Broken Vow - Believe – Mi Morena- Never let go.



Backstreet Boys:

Surely the name makes commonsense for most of us, BSB have been very popular during school days, two magnificent albums like Millennium and Black & Blue were just a fever that hit most of students. I see in the band memories of teenage and some nostalgia, the lyrics are generally good as well.

My top favourites: It's True – The One – Show me the meaning – More than that – Safest place to hide.



Savage Garden:

Maybe the oldest ever band I've like a song for, Darren Hayes for vocals and Daniel Jones for music and keyboard.

My top favourites: Truly Madly Deeply (My best ever) - I knew I loved youCrash and Burn – Affirmation.



Dido:

Simplicity! It's a tender voice and nice lyrics as well from someone giving an innocent impression.

My top favourites: Don't leave home – See the sun – Don't think of me – Here with me.



Sami Yusuf:

He is very famous here, a deep voice full of passion, nice music, nice lyrics and a good charisma. The music isn't very western but mainly considered so.

My top favourites: My Ummah – Munajat - Free – Supplication – Ya Rasulallah – Muhammad (Music version).



Outlandish:

Rap music is attractive, always with good lyrics.

My top favourites: Aicha – Callin'U – Walou.



Juanes:

He comes from Colombia, singing only in Spanish! Juanes sings, writes lyrics and plays his guitar after setting rhythms and melodies. He does everything.

My top favourites: Día lejano – Volverte a ver – Un día normal – Sueños – La Tierra – La historia de Juan – A Dios le pido.



Sin Bandera:

A Band formed of a Mexican and an Argentinean; both made a perfect formula, their name means "Without a flag", referring to the ultimate dream of a world without differences.

My top favourites: Kilómetros – Que lloro – Suelta mi mano.



Others:

There you'll be (Faith Hill) – Hello (Lionel Richie) – You were mine (Dixie Chicks) - Anyone of us (Gareth Gates) – I Can go the distance (Michael Bolton) – Always on your side (Sheryl Crow and Sting) – In Your eyes (Darren Hayes) – How deep is your love (Bee Gees) – Por amarte así (Cristian Castro) – Flores de alquiler (La 5ta estación) – Vivo per lei (Andrea Bocelli and Helene Segara) - I'm alive (Celine Dion)

هناك 11 تعليقًا:

سوووكا يقول...

انت ما بتسمعش عربي خالص؟؟؟؟؟

هو انا اكتر حد من اللي قلتهم سمعتله أغاني هم طبعا
b.s.b
وطبعا بيفكروني بفترة 3 أعدادي وفترة الثانوية والمدرسة بحس اما بسمع أي أغنية ليهم بالمدرسة أدامي اما كنا نخبي الكاسيت يوم مانعمل حفلة ونغير مكان الديسكات ونرشي الدادة عشان تجيبلنا سندويتشات من تكرم عينك

ونرش اسبراي أول ما مشرفة الدور تعدي

مش ممكن بس انا بصفة عامة مش من هوات الأغاني الأجنبي

انا بسمع أغاني باللغة المحلية العنب الموز الجزر ههههههههه

Amr يقول...

لسة بوست العربي هيبقى مركز عن مطرب واحد بس، لكن لاحقا

باك طبعا هما اعدادي وثانوي زي ما قلتي، عشان كدة ليهم ذكرى حلوة

Unknown يقول...

انت يا جدع انت، ازاى تجيب سيرة كل الأغانى دى لخوانيس وماتجيبش سيرة أغنية
la camisa negra
دى الأغنية الوحيدة اللى باحبهاله مع انى مافهمش اسبانى يعنى

Amr يقول...

ضحكتني يا أمادو، بس انت عارف اني بتخنق من الحاجات اللي كل الناس بتحبها... عموما الأغنية حلوة طبعا وموسيقتها جميلة بس مش هي التوب يعني، يعني مش لابسة معايا اوي

Mai Kamel يقول...

توقعت امادو يتخنق انك مبتسمعش راي.. زي تعجب الانسان من ان اخيه الانسان لا يتنفس

ماعلينا
لولا امادو مكنتش هاجي البلوج.. قالى بوست جديد وبتاع فجيت جري ابص
متعة ان الواحد يبقى سمع اغلب الاغاني اللى انت قلت عنهم.. والامتع ان نص الاغاني تكون انت اللى باعتهالي
ههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه

اللي هو الاغاني مطلعتش من بره بيتها

عامة احييك طبعا على جوش جروبان صوته جنائزي كنائسي بس رائع.. انه يغني عربي؟؟؟ مممم معتقدش
حلاوته وهو بيجلجل في حروف المد الانجليش
ههههههههههههههههههههه

ماعلينا.. البوست موافقة عليه بشدة وبقوة وبامتنان

Amr يقول...

لازم قبل ما أنام أرد على مي... وإلا آخد دعوتين يقصفوني

اه تخيلي مثلا إن جوش بقى مطرب سائقي الميكروباصات الأول.... فانتازيا

موافقتك تبهجني

Dina Samaha يقول...

انت مظبط الناس كلها كده اغانى انجلش
واضح يا مى انك مش لوحدك :)

عمرو ماشاء الله مكتبه اغانى انجلش ومش اى اغانى طبعا

ربنا مايحرمناش من اغانيك يا فندم واكيد لازم اقول ذوقك بيعجبنى فى اغانيك يعنى مبعتليش ولا مرة اغنيه
معجبتنيش

وطبعا ده ميدكش حق للغرور
لانى انا اللى ودنى حلوة
:P
لا بجد, ربع ان لم يكن نص وربما تلت تربع الاغانى من عندك :D

انجلش بس طبعا
العربى ده اعتقد انى انافس اى حد فيه وبجدارة

Amr يقول...

شكرا يا دينا، بس العربي عندي لا يعني إلا فيروز بالأساس

saloma يقول...

ما شاء الله، قال وأنا كنت فاكرة انى جامدة جدا فالأغانى الانجلش، هما bsb & josh gorban و شكرا، و حتة i'm alive جامدة طحن على فكرة، أغنية أستاذة فعلا،

Amr يقول...

دي الأغنية الوحيدة اللي بحبها لسيلين بس
شكرا يا فندم

Unknown يقول...

Dido is one of my favorites too
Her voice is incredible